Library collection profile
Since the founding of the Education and Research Library of the Pilsener Region, the library collection was built on universal principles. From the very beginning, preference was given to technical subjects – mechanical engineering, electrotechnics, ceramics and brewing. Medicine and pedagogy were later added to these main subject areas. Since the founding of the University of Western Bohemia and the establishment of the faculties of law, economics, philosophy and applied sciences, the needs of students and teachers of these faculties have been taken into account. Even the systematic monitoring and replenishing of regional literature has a historical tradition.
For detailed evaluation of library collections from a thematical, regional and document type view, see the Education and Research Library of the Pilsener Region downloads.
At present, SVK of the Pilsener Region gains selectively all types of documents available on the market:
- in maximal entirety authentic Czech productions for adults (specialized literature, university scripts, conference proceedings, high school textbooks, language textbooks, literature of a polytechnic character, cartographic documents and authentic Czech fiction), selected foreign monographs supplemented continuously or retrospectively.
- according to legal deposit, therefore in maximal possible entirety Czech periodicals, supplemented continuously and retrospectively, selected foreign periodicals
- in maximal possible entirety Czech productions
- recordings of classical and popular music systematically supplemented until the end of 1996
- selectively chosen with preference given to language education programs, classical music, spoken word recordings and quality recordings of modern music according to the musical tastes of users of the music room and the Library for the Blind.
- only educational language programs and videocassettes with regional contents
- audio recordings of language courses, spoken word recordings and music, supplemented until the end of 2006
- multimedia encyclopedic, bibliographic and fulltext databases, conference proceedings, computer programs. Independently and as supplements to books and periodicals
- selected multimedia, fulltext, bibliographic and documentographic databases
- educational programs, computer programs and films, acquired from 2004
- by regional artists, regional publishers and regional in content, acquired from 2004
- copies of periodicals acquired from historical collections of SVK PK, NK CR and other libraries
- copies of foreign periodicals and bibliographic listings published until the end of 1991
- Czech technical norms, ISO norms – in one exemplar to maximum entirety until the end of 2005
- in one exemplar to maximum entirety
Czech Republic – documents in their maximal possible entirety for adults
Slovakia – selected encyclopedic, specialized, homeland study literature and cartographic documents
Germany and Austria – selected encyclopedic literature, specialized literature and periodicals, realia of German speaking countries, educational handbooks for students and teachers of German, fiction as a supplement to the study of German
Great Britain and USA – selected encyclopedic literature, specialized literature and periodicals, realia of English speaking countries, educational handbooks for teachers of English and authentic fiction as a supplement to the study of English
Russia – represented mainly in literature acquired until 1989
France – selected encyclopedic literature, realia of French speaking countries, handbooks for the teaching of French, specialized literature and fiction
Soubory ke stažení
|12.01.2010||Collections of the Education and Research Library of the Pilsener Region (czech)||226 kB|